Restore folder from backup (kolab 2.04)

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Wed Mar 4 10:16:39 CET 2009

On Wednesday 4 March 2009 09:45:36 Jacques Hylkema wrote:
> I have problems restoring a folder of one of my users, which he
> accidentally deleted.
>
> I tried the following:
> - Restored the folder from a backup using scp
> - The folder in question is:
> /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/intronics.nl/user/j^m^dekker/Leveranciers/R--
>S - Changed the owner and group of the folder and all subfolders and files
> to kolab-r / kolab-r
> - su - kolab-r
> - /kolab/bin/cyrreconstruct -r -f
user/j^m^dekker/Leveranciers/*@intronics.nl

Have you tried reconstructing the top level folder? I.e.:

/kolab/bin/cyrreconstruct -r -f user/j^m^dekker/Leveranciers at intronics.nl

As far as I remember this is necessary to tell Cyrus about the new folder - it
will not recognise it automatically.

Also, I strongly recommend to re-calculate your quotas after you have restored
your folders, otherwise they can get quite out of whack. Cyrus does not do
this for you if you add/delete mail "manually" to/from the spool. The command
is:   su - kolab-r -c "/kolab/bin/cyrquota -f"
A word of caution: This will recalculate *all* quotas - there seems to be no
easy way to recalculate the quota for only one user. Also, if you already
have restored/deleted manually in the spool in the past, your quotas may
already be wrong. If this is  the case, the recalculation can produce very
strange results. Running it more than once can help, or, if that does not
help, reconstruct the complete mailbox of any user whose quota is off, then
re-run the quota command.

Regards,

Thomas