Kontact for MacOS experience (continued)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Mar 3 11:24:08 CET 2009

Am Sonntag, 1. März 2009 13:16:43 schrieb Del:
> What works:
> -Mail and calender works as expected.
> -LDAP look-up also works nicely.

Cool, thanks for the report.

> -kolabwizard (as long as mail address and login name are identical)

The primary email address in Kolab Server must always work as login.
It is possible to have other email addresses and possibly you can also log in
with a different uid, but this is the reason that Kolabwizard only needs the
primary email address. And we wanted to keep stuff simple.

> -kolabwizard only add new users when ran repeatedly, no option to remove
> the existing (which makes for a messy testing environment when combined
> with the point above).

This is intentional because we cannot securely detect which accounts
should be removed. Therefore kolabwizard only adds account data which works
best if the user is new.

From the theoretical point of view it should be possible to just create new
users for testing purposes.

> -I could not get free/busy working, i.e. I could not see others busy
> infromation when scheduling a meeting (but I will need to resolve the
> uninstall above to come any further on that one now).

Are your settings okay in the client, then you can see .ifb requests in the
apache log.

> Non-critical (but still important)
> -Kontact tray process sometimes does not start, I have not seen a
> pattern yet (another Bambi issue is that I have no right button on the
> mouse, so trying to close the tray process results in kmail+korganizer
> windows popping up again).

Try the apple key and mouse button.

> -I did see some artifacts with Norwegian letters æ, ø and å, but that
> may actually be tributed to Horde, it actually seemed OK for what was
> sent from Kontact on the Mac.

Yes, for a problem report on this particular item
we would need to get detailed data.

> Do we have functionality in Kontact to view others calendar in the
> calendar view?

Sure, if the other person gives you permissions to see one or more of their
calender folders, it will just be shown in the calendar view.
(You can choose all four views: a) combined, b) side by side c) horizontal d)
monthly.)

Best,
Bernhard