How can I fetch my Mail from my ISPs Server?

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 19:28:26 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Alexander
Schröter<webmaster at computational-chemistry.org> wrote:
> Hello again
>
> It's working (sort of).
>
> Fetchmail gets the Mail from my ISP. But there is already the first problem, it
> only gets the Mail from the Inbox but I actually want all the mail. Every
> subfolder and so on. I already added the option "Fetchall" so what am I
> missing?

You download your email from an IMAP server through POP3 protocol.
Usually the POP3 client (fetchmail here) see only UNSEEN mail in your
INBOX folder.

> And then the bigger problem because it might be flawed by design. You might
> remember that I wanted to keep the Mail at my ISP because of backup and so on.
> So I pretty much only want the kolab server to mirror my ISP's Imap account to
> have everything at one point. Is that even possible?

You can try using imapsync to sync from your ISP to your kolab

> I would really like some help with that.
> Thanks a lot.

Anyway keep in mind, emails you will send from your kolab to other
local user will never reach your ISP mailboxes (except if you use some
forwarding trick)

> Alexander Schröter

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com