Scalability of Kolab

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Wed Jun 10 14:12:58 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch 10 Juni 2009 12:10:47 schrieb Retheesh Kumar:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any Scalability testing done for Kolab. Does Kolab work on an HA
> enviornment?
> What is the maximum users per Kolab Server and the Hardware requirement.
>
> Trying to evaluate Kolab. Is there a POC already done on it?
>
> I am new here, so let me know if there are any set etiquette that i need to
> follow on this mailing list.

I don't have experience with Kolab, but the underlying technologies, which are
Cyrus IMAPd, Postfix and LDAP are proven to scale fine. For the Webmail
(Horde) it should be theoretically possible to cluster it, so it should
scale, too, I assume.

What I don't know is how well the administration interface will scale for a
massive amount of users.

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7