User Deleted, awaiting cleanup... Problem

Liutauras Adomaitis liutauras.adomaitis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 13:53:15 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Christian Rößler<Roessler at fuh-e.de> wrote:
> Liutauras Adomaitis schrieb:
>
>> Thanks for quick response,
>
> No Problem!
>
>>> [...] This
>>> problem sometimes happens when one has more than one kolabHomeServer.
>>> So, do a ldapsearch on the 'waiting' user, and if there is more than one
>>> kolabDeleteflag, delete one. Then, perhaps, the user will be deleted...
>> I use luma for these purposes. It shows me only one KolabDeleteFlag
>> and kolabHomeServer atributes for a particular user. I tried removing
>> KolabDeleteFlag and user appeared as normal. Then I tried deleting
>> again and still the same: waiting for cleanup.
>
> Well, if you have only one KolabDeleteflag, my tip does not apply. Then
> there has to be another cause.
>
>> Should delete occur imediatly or I must wait a bit?
>
> Sometimes one has to wait a bit...
>
> Best regards,
> Christian

I'm not sure, but now the user has vanished from user list. I changed
hostname of my kolab server by changing it in:
-kolab.conf
-apache.base
-ldap database (atributes kolabHomeServer and kolabHost)
-system hostname
Could this be related?
Previously I had hostname kolab.local, which was resolvable only by my
DNS server. Now I changed to kolab.com resolvable all over internet.

Liutauras