multiple kolab installation question :(

Antonio Straziota devgioiatech at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 17:23:42 CET 2009

Thanks Gunnar!!!

> The LDAP tree is replicated completely, meaning that all users are stored in
> LDAP on both servers.

Do you know if when i apply the samba integration only on slaves, it
affect the webmail (kolab master) work (for example authentication)?

> What do you mean by "access" here? IMAP access? If the slave is powered down
> I doubt you can read the mails of the users.
>
>> As you wrote, this is wrong! I should not access users of the slave if
>> this server is powered off!
>
> True.
>
> In case you mean that you can login via Horde even if IMAP is powered down:
> This might be related to https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3282.

YES! it's my problem.

>> About the sentence you don't understand, i wrong to wrote it :). The
>> question is: can i access users on my slave also if the master is
>> unavailable (powered off, ldap or any service not running)?
>
> Yes.

But i can't do this. I tried to power off the master... then i try to
login on the slave and i can't access on it

>> can you help me to understand?
>>
>> or anyone as a suggestion about compiling only horde for webmail use
>> on multiple kolab?
>
> The current suggestion is to install a full Kolab server for that. You could
> probably also download the corresponding horde-webmail release and apply the
> Kolab patch from CVS. But that requires a bit more knowledge.

mmmhhh... Then i think i'll continue with master/slave configuration :D

> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar

Thanks again ;)