multiple kolab installation question :(

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Jan 29 17:03:24 CET 2009

Quoting Antonio Straziota <devgioiatech at gmail.com>:

> So,
> i made bootstrap for "webmail" server as master kolab and "site1" as
> slave of the first one.
>
> which kind of info resides on the master kolab about users hosted on
> the slave?

The LDAP tree is replicated completely, meaning that all users are
stored in LDAP on both servers.

> why, if i shut down the slave, i can access from master to a user that
> resides on slave? :'-(

What do you mean by "access" here? IMAP access? If the slave is
powered down I doubt you can read the mails of the users.

> As you wrote, this is wrong! I should not access users of the slave if
> this server is powered off!

True.

In case you mean that you can login via Horde even if IMAP is powered
down: This might be related to
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3282.

> About the sentence you don't understand, i wrong to wrote it :). The
> question is: can i access users on my slave also if the master is
> unavailable (powered off, ldap or any service not running)?

Yes.

> can you help me to understand?
>
> or anyone as a suggestion about compiling only horde for webmail use
> on multiple kolab?

The current suggestion is to install a full Kolab server for that. You
could probably also download the corresponding horde-webmail release
and apply the Kolab patch from CVS. But that requires a bit more
knowledge.

Cheers,

Gunnar