Crash of Kontact on Windows

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 26 11:05:39 CET 2009

Hi Jochen,

On Sonntag, 25. Januar 2009, Jochen May wrote:
> i try kontact on a windows xp system. For a couple of days,
> it run without any problems. Now i get the problem, each time
> when i check my folders for new mail, i get a error
> "assertion failed". a screenshot is attached.

try to rebuild the index of all folders.

> i try to make a backtrace, but get only the message, that
> there are "no stack". i miss something?

Did you manage to get gdb stop there?
Maybe the info message of the KDE subsystem will help us,
see DebugView (also added to the new section
https://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kontact_for_Windows_(beta-huge-debug)#Diagnostics )

> is it normal, that on kalender, kontakt, journal, aufgaben
> are the folder structure like on screenshot kontact2.jpg?

No, not at all.

> and when i check my mails, i get first this message like on
> screenshot kontact3.jpg.
> also, i have a couple of subfolders. but i only see the first
> sub-level of the folders. everything what is deeper than one
> level, i don´t see. any idees?

Well your index seems to be corrupt for sure. So unless you clean up,
stuff may stay strange.
We need to reproduce how you've got there, to be able to fix the underlying
defect.

> And finally guys, it´s a hell of job what you have done!!!

Thanks for helping with testing!

Best,
Bernhard

--