Access to special Kolab users is denied

Carlos Manuel Ávila Vegas ioreal at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 17 15:05:08 CET 2009

Hi all,

thank you for your answer Alain.

Yes the goal was to deny access to manager user, but I couldn't find to reverse it. I wanted to allow login to the manager user

in order to change preferences and configuration through the web client.

The solution was quite simple. I was able to allow login to another user as an admin just editing the file /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/config/conf.php

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('manager','user at domain.com');

The user "manager" still won't have access to the web client, but the rest of valid users will.

Note that the user "user" is not a special kolab user, so it has access to the web client and, from now on, to the administration of the kolab environment.

Thank you all,

Regards

Carlos Ávila.