Sync Kolab with Thunderbird

Tim Golz kolab at izsr.de
Wed Feb 4 15:39:16 CET 2009

Hi, Alex and Bernard,

and thanx a lot for your step-by-step-explanation. Now, the problem is
that I did all those steps earlier but I dont understand the point
with those shared folders. There is nothing in those folders - of
course I can add my local addresses from the Thunderbirdclient with
SyncKolab but I cannot reach the Addressbook from the Kolab (nor the
internal addresses).

Only way is to bind the TB to the Kolab-LDAP and than I have
autocompletition of emailadresses nd I can search within the adresses
from the Kolab-LDAP, that works fine and there is no need for
SyncKolab for that. But I cant see the adresses in Thunderbirds Kolab-
LDAP-addressbook :-(

So I am looking for a way to real groupwarefunctionality ... so I
havent understand the administration or managing of shared folders,
shared addressbooks, shared calendars in Kolab. It seems to me, that
in Kolab I can see or do nearly nothing - what am I doing wrong?

thanx a lot in advance!

Tim