Sync Kolab with Thunderbird

Alex Chejlyk alex at swiftnetcomputers.biz
Wed Feb 4 00:36:35 CET 2009

Hello Tim,

This question would be best answered on synckolab at mozdev.org

Basically setting up synckolab goes like this:

In Kolab Admin interface create shared folders ex:

Contacts
Calendar

For simplicity sake, give access to all kolab users (you can change this
later).

On Thunderbird:

I'm assuming your Thunderbird is already setup to send and receive imap
mail from the Kolab server.

Subscribe to the folders you created

Install Lightning & Synckolab extensions

Create an addressbook in Thunderbird for the synckolab contacts, ex:
"Contacts"

Click Tools --> SyncKolab Options

Enter something for Display name I use "sync"

Click Next

Choose your Kolab imap account.

Make sure a check mark is next to Calendar and Addressbook

Click Next

Choose the "Contacts" addressbook from the drop down list

Choose the "Contacts" folder form you imap account

Click Next

Choose the Calendar from the drop down list

Choose the "Calendar" folder form you imap account

Check "Save to imap" if you want write access

Click Next

That should do it.

Cheers,

Alex C.