Hosted Kolab?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Feb 3 14:35:02 CET 2009

On Montag, 2. Februar 2009, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Hosting Kolab takes a decent amount of knowledge about the different
> components and I believe it only makes sense if you can throw at least
> a team of four to five people at it. You need short reaction times in
> the area of commercial e-mail. So the initial costs are not that low
> and so far there seems to be nobody willing to take the risk. To
> finance a team of four to five employees you need to have quite a few
> customers ;)

You can probably do with less employees...
Kolab Server instances can be run by general administrators.

The question of hosted is more a question of how many accounts someone would need and how the automatic processing of a few accounts is necessary.
Intevation (a part of the Kolab Konsortium) runs a few rented servers
for customers. It is relatively easy.

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)