Q: Kolab and Mac OS X?

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Tue Dec 8 20:49:30 CET 2009

Hi Del & Till:

Am 08.12.09 09:28 schrieb(en) Till Adam:
> On Tuesday 08 December 2009 08:28:35 Del wrote:
> Thanks, Del, that's actually a pretty accurate assessment from the developers' point of view as well, thanks for sharing it.

Thanks a lot for this information, this is really encouraging!

BTW, one of my guinea pigs ;-) playing with Kontact/Win today ran into issue <https://issues.kolab.org/issue2782> (calendar displays everything in UTC).  Checking the self-compiled version on my "Tiger" box, I even cannot select a different time zone than
UTC, and everything is actually displayed in UTC.

Is this again a Tiger issue (i.e. I can switch to CET on [Snow] Leopard, and the appointments *are* shown in CET there), or does this Win bug also show up on OS X?  In the latter case this would *really* be a blocker, as nobody wants to add one (or two
during summer) hours to the time stamps...

> We're currently putting a lot of effort into what will become the enterprise5 version of Kontact, based on an entirely new architecture, the Akonadi framework you might have heard about.

Yes, got some info from the BSI people about that...  That really sounds like a big step forward and will hopefully resolve most pending issues!

Thanks,
Albrecht.