Kontact crash when moving folders

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Dec 4 07:29:50 CET 2009

Quoting Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask,

For Kontact + Kolab it is :)

> as I see this issue using Kontact coming with Ubuntu 9.10 (version
> 4:4.3.2-0ubuntu6):
>
> When I try to move folders on the Kolab 2.2.0 (Cyrus) server, e.g.
> by shifting a folder into a different sub-folder, I reproducibly get
> crashes (segfaults).  The crash dialogue comes up and tells me that
> the back trace isn't usable (although it's rather
> long).  When I restart Kontact, the "moved" folder is duplicated,
> e.g. if I tried to move "Some Folder" from "Archive" to
> "Archive/Old", I have:
>
> Kolab
>    + Inbox
>    + Archive
>       + Some Folder
>       + Old
>          + Some Folder
>
> Both seem to contain the same messages.
>
> The only reliable way of shifting the folder seems to be
> - create the new folder
> - shift all messages
> - delete the source
> which is annoying.  Is this a known bug?

It probably is and it probably has been fixed already. As far as I
know there is always a significant gap between Kontact in the
different distributions as compared to a Kontact specifically tailored
to work together with the Kolab server.

I added Till on cc, he is the expert.

Cheers,

Gunnar