Kontact crash when moving folders

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Thu Dec 3 21:09:58 CET 2009

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, as I see this issue using Kontact coming with Ubuntu 9.10 (version 4:4.3.2-0ubuntu6):

When I try to move folders on the Kolab 2.2.0 (Cyrus) server, e.g. by shifting a folder into a different sub-folder, I reproducibly get crashes (segfaults).  The crash dialogue comes up and tells me that the back trace isn't usable (although it's rather
long).  When I restart Kontact, the "moved" folder is duplicated, e.g. if I tried to move "Some Folder" from "Archive" to "Archive/Old", I have:

Kolab
   + Inbox
   + Archive
      + Some Folder
      + Old
         + Some Folder

Both seem to contain the same messages.

The only reliable way of shifting the folder seems to be
- create the new folder
- shift all messages
- delete the source
which is annoying.  Is this a known bug?

Thanks, Albrecht.