Login Error

Alexander Schröter webmaster at computational-chemistry.org
Wed Apr 22 10:42:49 CEST 2009

I have now found the Error. That was keeping me from successful use of my own
kolab server and i have to say it's a very stupid one.

I hope other people can confirm this. After installing kolab every possible way
at least with debian etch, debian lenny, kolab from packages, native and
source. I am now back to where I started. A working Kolab Server.

The Error is: Beeing able to log in with just the username but not with the
proper rights I guess. Because when I login as "username" I get the correct
Login response for "username at domain.com" in the Logs but cannot create
whatsoever anything in Horde or via Kmail connected to the server. On the
other Hand when I log in to as "username at domain.com" I can do anything that
the Server is supposed to do.

The whole fetchmail situation came from not beeing able to create anything in
Horde.

Thanks anyways ...
Alexander