kolab along side Exchange

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Apr 17 16:52:35 CEST 2009

Am Freitag, 17. April 2009 06:20:39 schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
> Quoting Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com>:
> > We have a unique requirement in that we would like to set up a Kolab
> > server, but have users on the Kolab server view busy/free times from an
> > existing Exchange server.  Anyone know if this is possible?
>
> As you can configure the URL for the free/busy view in most clients it
> should not be a problem. This would be a different thing if you
> somehow need to share calendar information between the two systems.
> But it does not sound as if this is what you want.

From what I have read so far, you probably would need to set up the apache
within in the Kolab Server to redirect the .ifb request for the users on the
exchange.

(I am assuming that you have a few users on the Kolab Server and a few users
still on the exchange. In order to see all freebusy lists, the clients should
ask the Kolab Server which should get the lists from the exchange for a
fraction of the users.)