Delivering to subfolders with address extensions

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Apr 17 06:17:59 CEST 2009

Quoting Chris Hastie <lists at oak-wood.co.uk>:

> On 13/04/09 22:32, Chris Hastie wrote:
>
>> The existing system makes extensive use of address
>> extensions to deliver mail to subfolders, ie
>>
>> user+subfolder at domain.com
>>
>> is delivered into subfolder beneath user's Inbox.
>>
>> Is there any way to mimic such behaviour in Kolab? An awful lot of my
>> existing routing arrangements depend on this.
>
> To partially answer my own question - it just happens as long as
> 'anyone' has post rights on the subfolder.
>
> So my supplemental question is how to clamp this down a bit. According
> to lmtpd.log, connections are 'pre-authed' as 'postman'. Adding the p
> right for postman via Horde has not proved straightforward, as it
> appends a domain name if you use a bare word (though not for 'anyone'),
> so I end up with 'postman at domain.com' having the right.

Please open an issue for this. I also noted lately that the acl dialog
in Horde still has some problems.

> But even when I edited the rights using cyradm I was still not able to
> get the message delivered where I want. The only way I've successfully
> done this is by giving 'p' rights to 'anyone', which seems a little too
> open for comfort.

I'm not an expert on the cyrus imap permission system but I would say
that your INBOX always has 'p' rights. As you actually want to reveive
mails. Also from anyone. And if you fail to give post rights on your
subfolder the message gets delivered to the INBOX, right? So I don't
think this is a particular security risk.

Cheers,

Gunnar