kolab on openSUSE natively is a little bit back

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Thu Apr 2 12:58:45 CEST 2009

Op donderdag 02 april 2009 06:43:03 schreef Thomas Spuhler:
> On Tuesday 31 March 2009, Richard Bos wrote:
> > Hello Thomas,
> >
> > Op dinsdag 31 maart 2009 16:47:02 schreef Thomas Spuhler:
> > > I am working on the Mandariva. /var/lib/ldap/* is wrong. Probably need
> > > to change the path in /etc/kolab/templates/slapd.conf.template to
> > > /var/ldap/* and /var/lib/ldap-kolab to /var/kolab-ldap
> >
> > For opensuse /var/lib/ldap is correct.  That error "chown: cannot access
> > `/var/lib/ldap/" is always reported.  A bit confusing, but after some
> > installations one get used to it ;)
> >
> > Alar's problem is most likely caused by a incorrect kolab package.
>
> The Mandriva way is to have it at /var/lib/ too, but kolab looks for it
> at /var/

dist_conf> grep ldap mandriva
ldapserver_dir=${localstatedir}/ldap-kolab
ldapserver_rundir=/var/run/ldap
ldapserver_argsfile=/var/run/ldap/slapd.args

> The other location that doesn't match are the schema. Kolab looks in
> /usr/share/openldap/schema

dist_conf> grep ldap mandriva
ldapserver_schemadir=${datadir}/openldap/schema

> in /etc/kolab/templates/slapd.conf.template
> I have
> include @ldapserver_schemadir@/core.schema
> include @ldapserver_schemadir@/cosine.schema
> include @ldapserver_schemadir@/inetorgperson.schema
> include @ldapserver_schemadir@/rfc2739.schema
> include @ldapserver_schemadir@/kolab2.schema
>
> in  the kolab.spec  which should match I have
>
> install -d %{buildroot}%{_sysconfdir}/openldap/schema

The spec file is made and maintained by you.

> what am I missing?
>
> Last but not least, when deleting a user, it stays forever (at least for a
> very looong time) as "deleted, waiting for cleanup"
> Is there a cron entry missing?
>
> Does the file kolabd-2.1.0.tar.bz2/kolabd-2.1.0/dist_conf/mandriva
> have any influence when building the package or is this just an information
> file?

This dist_conf/mandriva is an important file.  It defines all variables that
are used to correctly install kolab in a distribution.  If you find any wrong
directory / file, you should update this file and repackage kolab.  Continue
this process until the paths are matching the locations that Mandriva uses.
Once you have a correct dist_conf file, ask the kolab devs to commit it to
cvs, so other mandriva users can benefit from it too.

Hope this helps.

--
Richard