kolab on openSUSE natively is a little bit back

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Thu Apr 2 06:43:03 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 31 March 2009, Richard Bos wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> Op dinsdag 31 maart 2009 16:47:02 schreef Thomas Spuhler:
> > I am working on the Mandariva. /var/lib/ldap/* is wrong. Probably need to
> > change the path in /etc/kolab/templates/slapd.conf.template to
> > /var/ldap/* and /var/lib/ldap-kolab to /var/kolab-ldap
>
> For opensuse /var/lib/ldap is correct.  That error "chown: cannot access
> `/var/lib/ldap/" is always reported.  A bit confusing, but after some
> installations one get used to it ;)
>
> Alar's problem is most likely caused by a incorrect kolab package.

The Mandriva way is to have it at /var/lib/ too, but kolab looks for it
at /var/
The other location that doesn't match are the schema. Kolab looks in
/usr/share/openldap/schema

in /etc/kolab/templates/slapd.conf.template
I have
include @ldapserver_schemadir@/core.schema
include @ldapserver_schemadir@/cosine.schema
include @ldapserver_schemadir@/inetorgperson.schema
include @ldapserver_schemadir@/rfc2739.schema
include @ldapserver_schemadir@/kolab2.schema

in  the kolab.spec  which should match I have

install -d %{buildroot}%{_sysconfdir}/openldap/schema

what am I missing?

Last but not least, when deleting a user, it stays forever (at least for a
very looong time) as "deleted, waiting for cleanup"
Is there a cron entry missing?

Does the file
kolabd-2.1.0.tar.bz2/kolabd-2.1.0/dist_conf/mandriva

have any influence when building the package or is this just an information
file?

--
Thomas