Free/busy - what triggers it?

Chris Hastie lists at oak-wood.co.uk
Thu Apr 2 09:48:58 CEST 2009

On 01/04/09 08:25, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 31. März 2009 14:12:08 schrieb Chris Hastie:
>> I've run through the troubleshooting guide and I can grab free busy data
>> if it has been generated. I can also trigger the generation of free busy
>> data by hitting the trigger url in a browser, but only for the user I
>> log in as (even if that user has read/write permissions on another
>> users calendar).
>
> Please state your version of Kolab Server in all reports and questions.

Sorry, it's 2.2.0-20080709

> Note that a user can trigger all calender folders with write access.
> Otherwise this is a defect in your Kolab Server revision or setup.

It looks as if there is a 'hotfix' for the issue of users not being able
to trigger updates of calendars that they don't own. I will investigate
this later.

>> What I don't understand is how this is supposed to get triggered? I've
>> had a several users using the system for a couple of months, both
>> through Horde and Outlook + toltec, and none appears to ever have
>> triggered generation of fb data. Do they have to trigger generation
>> manually? Is there a configuration option I've missed somewhere?
>
> http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/doc/architecture/freebusy.txt?rev=1.26&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
> | Whenever a client writes to a calendar it MUST trigger the server based
> | generation of fb in the scope of the corresponding folder.
>
> Toltec has a configuration option to enable freebusy triggering
> in the account options if I remember correctly. So go to personal folder,
> right click and choose Toltec.

Thanks. I've found this now. Not clear what the 'audience' drop down box
is for, but it seems to be working.

> The Kolab Web Client (based on Horde) will also do so, otherwise it is a
> defect.

There appears to be a defect here. Looking through logs it seems that
Horde is trying to trigger by accessing a URL with a .xpfb suffix. This
is clear in the code for  Kolab::triggerFreeBusyUpdate within
lib/php/Horde/Kolab.php

        $url = 'https://' . Kolab::getServer("imap") .
            '/freebusy/trigger/' . $owner . '/' . $folder . '.xpfb';

But there is no rewrite rule in the Apache config to deal with such a URL:

localhost - test1 at foobar.com [26/Mar/2009:12:53:57 +0000] "GET
/freebusy/trigger/test1 at foobar.com/Calendar.xpfb HTTP/1.1" 404 374

A minor change to etc/kolab/templates/httpd.conf.template has sorted
this out.

Thanks

--
Chris Hastie