Search engine in Kolab

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Sep 25 21:59:44 CEST 2008

Quoting ustinov vaceslav <v.ustinov at web.de>:

> Hi all,
>
> I have Question about search e-mails in Kolab.
>
> I have 7 Kolab users, each with about 5 GB mailboxes and more.
> E-mails have attachments with doc and pdf format.
> Is it possible to integrate a search engine in Kolab, like Lucene,
> to find e-mails on the basis of text message and attached file?

So far I didn't hear about anyone doing something like this with the
Kolab server. But any ideas are certainly welcome as it is a promising
and important area.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> The user should not have downloaded the e-mails locally.
>

> Thanks
> Slava

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg