Kolab running on a vServer alias [Re: Kolab doesn't create my mailbox]

h3x0g3n h3x0g3n at web.de
Thu Sep 25 12:30:04 CEST 2008

Hi,

I solved my problem!
I'm running Kolab on a vServer, so that there are problems with the
loopback interface.
But I've found a workaround, which works just fine for me and I hope,
that it could also help others trying to run Kolab on a vServer

If someone finds any problems or security issue in my solution, please
feel free to write me!

-kolab.conf
slurd_accept_addr : <my_public_ip>

-master.cf
<my_public_ip>:10025 inet n    -    n    -    -  smtpd
   -o content_filter=smtp-amavis:[<my_public_ip>]:10024
   -o cleanup_service_name=post-cleanup
   -o local_recipient_maps=
   -o relay_recipient_maps=
   -o smtpd_restriction_classes=
   -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,permit,reject
   -o mynetworks=<my_public_ip>
   -o smtpd_authorized_xforward_hosts=<my_public_ip>
   -o strict_rfc821_envelopes=yes
   -o smtpd_error_sleep_time=0
   -o smtpd_soft_error_limit=1001
   -o smtpd_hard_error_limit=1000
# SMTP interface for injecting mail back into postfix
# from amavis
<my_public_ip>:10026 inet n    -    n    -    -  smtpd
   -o content_filter=
   -o cleanup_service_name=post-cleanup
   -o local_recipient_maps=
   -o relay_recipient_maps=
   -o smtpd_restriction_classes=
   -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,permit,reject
   -o mynetworks=<my_public_ip>
   -o strict_rfc821_envelopes=yes
   -o smtpd_error_sleep_time=0
   -o smtpd_soft_error_limit=1001