Kolab doesn't create my mailbox

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Sep 19 12:55:59 CEST 2008

Quoting h3x0g3n <h3x0g3n at web.de>:

> Hi,
>
> when creating a Kolab user account, Kolab doesn't create a mailbox.
> However I can successfully login into the Kolab administration interface
> and Horde. The login via Imap is also successful, but afterwards I get
> the error: "Mailbox does not exist".
> I tried this[1] but it didn't help. The tcpdump command is disabled by
> my provider as I'm running a virtual server.
> The only hint I found for my problem is a warning in syslog, which
> appears evry minute:
> kolabd[29366]: SD Warning: Unauthorized connection from <my public IP>,

Is <my public IP> the IP of your server? Then maybe your loopback
interface does not correctly work. Does your virtual server know what
127.0.0.1 is? It should as I guess without it many things will be
broken.

Connections from the loopback address are considered safe within the
Kolab server. In your case something else (<my public IP>) than
127.0.0.1 connect on port 9999 and this is denied by kolabd.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> closing connection
>
> I would be very glad if someone could help or give me a hint
>
> Stephan
>

> [1]http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Server_Troubleshooting_-_LDAP#Does_the_replication_system_work.3F

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg