Solved? [Was: Probably Horde Bug/Attendee status not shown anymore]

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Fri Sep 19 15:50:18 CEST 2008

Hi Saim:

Am 19.09.2008 15:33:01 schrieb(en) Saim Kim:
> I'm not quite sure, if your fix also fixes my problem since none of
> the involved clients was Horde. So, I'm afraid it is not solved, yet.
> Still, there might of course be a similiar problem with the Horde
> client as well.

Sorry, I guess I should read your message more carefully... ;-)

However, at least the 'DESCRIPTION' field of the VCALENDAR
(text/calendar) block in your original posting shows /exactly/ the same
broken makeup as the one created by Horde (so I wrongly assumed it came
also from it).  That 'DESCRIPTION' field *definitively* violates RFC
2445 which requires that newlines must be escaped [1]!

Thus, the agent you use (which one?) is *broken*, and you should file a
bug report there.

<rant>
I *really* dislike to defend M$ or Outlook, but at this point they are
not wrong; they just interpret the RFC strictly.
</rant>

Cheers, Albrecht.

[1] see <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2445#section-4.8.1.5> in
connection with <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2445#section-4.3.11>