Outlook cannot read kolab global address book?

Saim Kim s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Sep 1 20:15:22 CEST 2008

Albrecht Dreß schrieb:

> Am 01.09.2008 11:43:36 schrieb(en) Bernhard Reiter:
>> how does this compare to kolab/issue732 (outlooks addressbook does
>> not directly list entries with openldap)?
>
> Yes, you're right, it's exactly the same.  Sorry for not looking in
> more detail through the issues...
>
> Cheers,
> Albrecht.

Hi Albrecht,

I had the same experience as you. Now, I'm using a shared folder (type
contacts) as a public address book. Sure, it is more work since
everybody from the LDAP has to put into the shared folder as contact.
But we have less then 20 persons and only low fluctuation so it's still
manageble. I'm sure it's possible to write a script which scans LDAP and
auto-updates the shared folder address book.

Best regards,
Saim Kim

Dipl.-Ing. Saim Kim
Lehrstuhl fuer Medizinische Informationstechnik
Helmholtz-Institut fuer Biomedizinische Technik
RWTH Aachen
Pauwelsstr. 20, D-52074 Aachen
---
Web:   http://www.medit.hia.rwth-aachen.de/