A problem with mail delivering

Jan - Hendrik Meyer jaheme at gmx.de
Sat Oct 18 11:53:02 CEST 2008

Richard Bos schrieb:
> Op Wednesday 15 October 2008 22:44:38 schreef Jan - Hendrik Meyer:
>
>>> Anyhow I'm not certain why you had to modify some of the rights. On a
>>> standard Kolab server installation this should not be necessary at
>>> all. So I'm wondering why modifications were necessary and which
>>> modifications you made?
>>>
>> It's compiled OpenPKG version which is distributed over the openSUSE
>> Buildservice.
>>

> This is not possible.  It's either the openpkg version or the opensuse
> version ;)  You can compare openpkg with a distribution.  In your case you
> have the native opensuse version.  The openpkg version and the opensuse are
> build from the same sources, with respect for the specific kolab packages.
> But many other packages (perl, php) or just taken as is from the opensuse
> repository (ies).

I understand what you mean. The OpenPKG version utilzes its own
packages, unlike the openSUSE version, which utilizes the openSUSE
packages...
>> These modifications seems to be caused by these packages even there is
>> no hint on the installation doc website
>>

> I missed the part about the modifications sorry.

I've installed the version by the installation guide
http://en.opensuse.org/Kolab

Furthermore I've changed the database format from skiplist to berkeley
database format
and I've changed the ownergroup of the following directories to kolab:

/etc/sysconfig/kolab
/var/log/kolab
/var/lib/kolab
/var/adm/backup/kolab