Toltec connector duplicates appointment attendees

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Mon Oct 13 12:29:16 CEST 2008

Hi Gunnar!

Am 13.10.2008 08:38:39 schrieb(en) Gunnar Wrobel:
> I looked at the code and to me it looks like a Toltec bug then. The
> resource management code only takes information from the iTip message
> and stores it on the IMAP server. It does not does not mangle the
> list of attendees as far as I can see.

I got a response from Toltec support which indicates that it is really
a problem there:

<quote>
It seems that Outlook is using the table restriction method in the
Toltec LDAP Address Book to do a look up of the user display name
instead of the SMTP address.

Now obviously the display name is turned around when using last name
first and this is why Outlook cannot match it and creates a new
attendee. I will look if there is some way to normalize the display
name when Outlook passes is to the LDAP address book.
</quote>

I'll keep you informed when they have any news (and hopefully a fix).

> Could you change the invitation handling to "manual" for your test
> user so that the messages don't get processed automatically. This way
> you could take a look at the invitation you get from Toltec.

Looks fine, it only includes the participant's mail address, regardless
of the particular setting of the LDAP address book name display.

Thanks, Albrecht.