Old mail-address still active, while distribution list with same name exists

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 17:51:10 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Volker Stoppe <Grenzlaeufer at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> I have a strange problem. We had an mail-address with a forward to an
> other mail-address. Then we deleted the first mail-address and created a
> distribution list with the same name and several recipients. The strange
> thing is, that everytime a mail gets sent to the distribution list, only
> the recipient of the old mail address gets the mail. I also deleted the
> distribution list and made a slapcat. There was no name of the
> distribution list or old mail address anymore, but the old reciepient
> still got the mail. I checked the postfix-log for this behaviour. With the
> distribution list created the slapcat told me that this list all members
> it should have. I restarted all services and also rebooted the server at
> night, but it didn´t help.
>
> Short form of my descriptin:
>
> name1 (address) -> recepient1
> name1 gets deleted
> name1 (as distribution list) is created: with recepeint1, reciepient2 and
> reciepient3
> mail to name1 -> mail is only sent to reciepient1
>
> System:
> Debian 4.0
> Kolab 2.1
>
> Had anyonve have similar behaviour before? I would be glad for every hint!

The forward is done by cyrus imap at delivery, by a sieve script. (
look in lmtpd.log )
The sieve scrip is attached to a mailbox and probably not deleted at
deletion of the mailbox.

Kolabd could maybe delete such script at creation and/or deletion time
to prevent this kind of problem

look into /kolab/var/imapd/sieve/ for the scripts and delete manualy
all files in the directory with the same name as mailbox.

You could also recreate the normal user, reset the forwarding, then
recreate the list ! This is longer

> Greetings
>
> Volker

Alain Spineux