Old mail-address still active, while distribution list with same name exists

Volker Stoppe Grenzlaeufer at gmx.net
Fri Nov 14 14:01:07 CET 2008

Hallo!

I have a strange problem. We had an mail-address with a forward to an
other mail-address. Then we deleted the first mail-address and created a
distribution list with the same name and several recipients. The strange
thing is, that everytime a mail gets sent to the distribution list, only
the recipient of the old mail address gets the mail. I also deleted the
distribution list and made a slapcat. There was no name of the
distribution list or old mail address anymore, but the old reciepient
still got the mail. I checked the postfix-log for this behaviour. With the
distribution list created the slapcat told me that this list all members
it should have. I restarted all services and also rebooted the server at
night, but it didn´t help.

Short form of my descriptin:

name1 (address) -> recepient1
name1 gets deleted
name1 (as distribution list) is created: with recepeint1, reciepient2 and
reciepient3
mail to name1 -> mail is only sent to reciepient1

System:
Debian 4.0
Kolab 2.1

Had anyonve have similar behaviour before? I would be glad for every hint!

Greetings

Volker