Problems with fresh install of kolab 2.1.0

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu May 22 13:19:50 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Stefan Lang <lang at organet.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> after running kolab since four years, yesterday I've installed kolab 2.1.0
> on
> a Debian Etch with Kernel 2.6.23.

The openpkg or the native one ?

> <http://2.6.23.>
> At first I had to solve the problem regarding the wrong format of
> mailboxes.db
> and annotations.db. Because it was a fresh install, instead of converting
> the
> DBs, I deleted them and let imapd do the job at its restart.

Are you doing an upgrade ?
Why did you have  old .db file ?

> imapd seems running fine...no further complains in the logs.
> But, when I send a mail to my newly created account, it never makes a
> touchdown ;-) in the imapd repository.
> Last time I can "see" the incoming mail is in postfix.log. Postfix receives
> the incoming mail and it makes it way through the postfix pipes..but that's
> it.
> Here is the last log entry of postfix.log
>
> May 21 11:23:36 machinenname <info> postfix/pipe[4467]: 8D6F914281E:
> to=<user at domain>, relay=kolabfilter, delay=2, status=sent (fqhn)
> May 21 11:23:36 machinename <info> postfix/qmgr[4325]: 8D6F914281E: removed
>
> Seems to be a "broken pipe" between postfix and imapd!

The last component involved here is "kolabfilter", why do you thing their is
a problem with
imap, more than with kolabfilter ?
kolabfilter should have a log file ( file with a .log extension, maybe
resmgr.log or something like that ) find it!

> Any suggestions are welcome.
>
> Greetz
> Stefan

Alain Spineux