Kolab hung on installation. Kontact will not start

Duffields dhltd at telus.net
Wed May 21 16:00:43 CEST 2008

Decided to try installing Kolab and thought that using Ubuntu's Synaptic
Package Manager would likely be the safest way to start.

When I searched for Kolab it displayed quite a few packages and since I did
not know which I needed, I selected all of them.  Everything seemed fine
until near the very end when I got an error message that one of them, the
ldap account manager, would not install.

I thought I would un-iinstall all the Kolab packages.   The packages
un-installed with the exception of the one that would not install.

Apparently it is partially installed and cannot now be uninstalled.  The end
result is that Kontact no longer starts.   I tried re-installing Kontact but
it still will not start.

In case it helps, I have attached an image file that shows what packages I
installed. The red highlighted package package is the one that would not
fully install and then would not un-install.

Here is the content of Synaptic's error log when I tried to un-install the
packages:
(Reading database ... 167704 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing ldap-account-manager ...
 * Restarting web server apache2
grep: /etc/apache2/conf.d/backuppc: No such file or directory
apache2: Syntax error on line 292 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could not open
configuration file /etc/apache2/conf.d/backuppc: No such file or directory
   ...fail!
invoke-rc.d: initscript apache2, action "restart" failed.
dpkg: error processing ldap-account-manager (--remove):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
 ldap-account-manager
A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
Anyone have any suggestions to fix this or at least how to get Kontact running
again?
Which packages I should be tring to install?

Much obliged

Mac