Smarthost being ignored

Simon Powell cabletastic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 17:41:10 CET 2008

Hey folks,
Had my Kolab 2.2 up and running for quite some time but all of a
sudden it has decided it wants to ignore the smarthost/relayhost I
have given it and send mail out directly. I'm on a dynamic IP and so
this is a big no no, hence why I gave it my ISP's smtp box as a
smarthost. All was working fine until about two weeks ago. Finally got
round to looking at it today and am stumped - in the web admin portion
the option is there for it to use smtp.myisp.com and I can hand roll
messages thru this server so am not being blocked - indeed the sample
bouncebacks I get when trying to send mail indicate that it is not
even trying to use the smarthost, despite the relayhost directive
being defined correctly in my postfix/main.cf.
Anyone any clues as to why this is maybe happening?
Cheers in advance

Si.