How to migrate contacts/calendars

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Sun Jun 22 12:57:37 CEST 2008

Johannes Graumann <johannes_graumann <at> web.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> After havin sucessfully setup a fresh 2.2-rc3 system, I'm experimenting with
> how
> to transfer my 2.1 data over to it. mailboxes are easy (mbox), but when
> transfering contacts I for example loos all custom categories I defined for
> them
> *no matter whether using vcards or ldif ...). Can anyone advisse how to do
> this?
>
> Also: what's the best way to migrate calendar/ttask entries?
>
> Thanks, Joh

Just to clarify: I'm not talking about ldap-resident contacts *as there is some
WIKI information on this topic available(, but groupware/imap contacts. I can
export those just fine as an mbox file and import them again, but I loose all of
my quite extensive category data ... will it help to precreate the categories
... slinks off to try it ...

Joh