zero emails

Paul Franklin yugm6161 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 23:00:35 CEST 2008

We are getting zero emails, and unable to send any.I believe kolab has somehow gotten overwhelmed by backscatter (is that the right term?) which began yesterday at about 10:30 am.  Message after message was coming in responding to spam supposedly sent out by us.  I wrote a couple of rules which worked for marking almost all the backscatter as spam.Our spam goes into a storage folder where it stays for a week so I can check for false positives..  Each night Kolab clears out the older messages in the folder, at midnight, I believe.Last night shortly after midnight mail stopped coming in.  Now, as I say, nothing will go in or out--or even between users.  I tried /kolab/bin/openpkg rc all restartto no avail.What should I check to get a clue about what is happening and how to wake Kolab up again?--Paul