Deleting user does not delete mailaccount

Paul Douglas Franklin pdf at yugm.org
Tue Jun 3 19:10:45 CEST 2008

ITSEF Admin wrote:
> On Tuesday 3 June 2008 14:29:38 Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>
>> ITSEF Admin <itsef-admin at brightsight.com> writes:
>>
> [...]
>
>>> ps auxc |grep kolabd gives me two "kolabd" processes running. Is there
>>> any way to determine whether they are "really" running?
>>>
>> If they are there, the process should be active. You can of course try
>> to restart the process running /kolab/bin/openpkg rc kolabd restart.
>>

> Ok, I did a restart for kolabd (and it does indeed start two processes).
> Deleting seems to work again - I'd still be interested in knowing how this
> could fail silently. :-/
>

>> kolabd might have the impression that the user account still exists on
>> Kolab slave servers. I remember we had some bug concerning that.
>>

> Our server is standalone, no slaves defined.
>
> Cheerio & thanks,
>
> Thomas

This is similar to one of my problems.  I have two users and a
distribution list whom I've deleted.  They show "User deleted, awaiting
cleanup" in the Action columns.  I deleted them long ago, but they just
stay.  I've shut down and restarted many times.  Kolabd is running two
instances just like for Thomas, stopping kolabd stops both, and starting
starts two.  No slaves.
It is a minor irritation, but an irritation nonetheless.
--Paul

--
Paul Douglas Franklin
Computer Manager, Union Gospel Mission of Yakima, Washington