Kolab-users Digest, Vol 53, Issue 18

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Fri Jul 18 15:30:09 CEST 2008

* Saim Kim <s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de> [20080718 13:31]:
> >> So, how can I make clamav start?
> >
> > Or rather: why does your correct way of starting clamav fail?
> >
> > There is /kolab/var/clamav/clamd.log or your could try manually
> > executing /kolab/bin/clamscan
>
> Ok,
>
> I did the things you suggested and clamav still won't start.

My intention was to find the problem, not to make it work.

> Interestingly, when I try to execute /kolab/bin/clamscan I get an error
> message stating that it is an invalid machine command (ungültiger
> Maschinenbefehl). The libraries are linked right (checked with ldd) So,
> can it be that the clamav package has a compilation error? I tested it
> on a clean debian etch server from scratch so my installation should be
> error free. I'll try to recompile  the clamav package from source and
> give feedback as soon as available.

Known problem, you'll have to recompile gmp and clamav, see
http://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/kolab-users-de/2008-July/000052.html
(in German, but I suspect you'll understand it :))

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck - Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998