Can't receive mail after upgrading from 2.2rc2 to 2.2 release

Saim Kim s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jul 17 15:45:19 CEST 2008

Hello,

I upgraded to the kolab 2.2 release version from rc2. I followed the
instruction and upgraded to rc3 and then to the release version. After
doing the kolab.conf regeneration I started the kolab services -and
since then I cannot receive mails :-( The only thing I have changed is
that I unchecked the virus checking in the admin interface. But I turned
it back on and also ran the  kolab.conf regeneration several times after
that.

I checked all kinds of mail to check if there are any changes after the
upgrade. Here is a list of things I found:

1. No problems sending mails using the Toltec connector and Outlook, and
Horde
2. All services are checked positive with the "check mail configuration"
from outlook
3. No email are received (tested with different user accounts)
4. kolab-filter log looks fine (no errors or warning and the email are
correctly identified as kolab events etc.)
5. kolab-filter fatal.log is empty
6. postfix.log shows multiple errors caused by failed virus checking
(clamav not detected, was turned off, see on top). Is it possible that
the emails are discarded or not forwarded if the virus scanner is turned
off? Even though I turned it back on, I still cannot receive emails
7. imapd notify.log doesn't show "executed" messages any more after
upgrading

Any hints on how to get the server back into working state?

Thanks for your help,
Saim

Dipl.-Ing. Saim Kim
Lehrstuhl fuer Medizinische Informationstechnik
Helmholtz-Institut fuer Biomedizinische Technik
RWTH Aachen
Pauwelsstr. 20, D-52074 Aachen
---
Web:   http://www.medit.hia.rwth-aachen.de/