kolab live-cd now available

Diego Tognola diego at tognola.net
Sun Jan 20 03:00:32 CET 2008

Richard,

I'd have two suggestion:

-) how about adding a few repositories, e.g. OSS and Kolab ?
-) some documentation on how to proceed to create 'something.net' ?

And with respect to the 'install': thanks for your hint, this is what worked
for me so far:

-) create a new  VM with VMware server (Linux, openSUSE, 512MB, 8GB, bridged
network
-) add a CD drive to the VM, pointing to the LiveCD ISO
-) start VM
-) walk through the network card setup
-) open YAST, add the OSS repository ('software repositories')
-) install 'yast2-live-installer' via 'software management' in YAST
-) start 'Live-Installer' via YAST, install onto the VM's harddisk
-) after installation, shutdown VM
-) remove or disconnect the CD drive pointing to the ISO
-) start the VM
-) define admin password & new local user (?)
-) internet connection test failed, no URL defined (!)
-) log in as 'kolab1'
-) shutdown VM, take a snapshot  ;-)

Cheers,
Diego