freebusy CVS observation + questions

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Feb 20 16:15:42 CET 2008

hi gunnar,

Quoting Mike Gabriel <m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de>:

>    o i have write access to my daughters calendar. when i create an
> event in her calendar, her kolab freebusy cache files are not
> updated... in business you often have assistants arranging
> appointments for mangers etc. definitely, their fb-information
> should be update on change of events, shouldn't it???

i have been investigating on this a little more...

the problem with this issue is that triggerFreeBusyUpdate() calls URLs
like this:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/trigger/user/Kalender.xpfb

but they should look like:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/trigger/user@domain/Kalender.xpfb
                                                       ^^^^^^^
the URL is formed in this bit of code of triggerFreeBusyUpdate():

<quote>
   if (strncmp($folder_path, '/INBOX/', 7) == 0) {
       $folder = Auth::getAuth() . '/' . rawurlencode(substr($folder_path,
                 $second_slash + 1));
   } else {
       $folder = rawurlencode(substr($folder_path, $second_slash + 1));
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^
   }
   $url = 'https://' . Kolab::getServer("imap") .
          '/freebusy/trigger/' . $folder . '.xpfb';

</quote>

first of all, there is a typo in the "else" section in
kronolith-2.2rc1 where it say "substr($folder, $second_slash + 1)" in
the original code but it should be "substr($folder_path, $second_slash
+ 1)".

a little above the quoted section, there is a comment that states:

<quote>
  // IMAP path is either /INBOX/<path>@domain or
  // /user/someone/<path>@domain strip domain
</quote>

unfortunately, this is not true on my kolab/horde install (kolab-2.1
with horde-webmail-1.1.rc1).

there is no domain component in the folder path on my kolab/horde
install!!! if it was, we would be lucky,  we could strip off the
domain and keep it for rendering an unequivocal, unique fb-update URL.
we cannot use some kind of default domain here with kolab's virtual
domain support.

maybe you have a clue, how to derive a mailuser's domain from the
share_uid if the domain name is not part of the share_uid... where is
the domain name stripped of the share_uid in horde's Kolab driver??? i
could not find that...

do you have an idea???

best,
mike