Using External IMAP Server

Kevin Landers support at bezaleel.net
Tue Feb 12 19:06:10 CET 2008

Paul,

That is correct. Our company has servers in a co-location facility.
Those servers house all our email/web sites, etc. I host my church's
email/web from that server.

I suppose querying the email server and retrieving the mail as you
mention would be fine for our purposes.

Could outgoing mail also be passed through the existing server from kolab?

I guess what I would like to see in the end result is that when a user
is mobile (ie, out of the office) they could still use their existing
IMAP/SMTP account on the public server with all of their email still
being available to them. So my question/thought was whether kolab could
use an external IMAP server other than cyrus or be able to sync two IMAP
servers (kolab's and the external which happens to be qmail-imap).

Otherwise, they would have to connect back to the church which would be
a horrid experience due to the DSL connection and other issues with the
location.

Hope this makes sense. Sorry, typing in a rush.

Kevin L.