export/import annotations.db

Lucidblue0 at gmail.com Lucidblue0 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 18:20:36 CET 2008

On Dec 28, 2008 5:32am, Alain Spineux <aspineux at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 11:25 PM, Lucidblue0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Alain,
>

> > this is the output of the >rpm -qa "bdb*" "db*":
>

> > Current Server:
>
> > dbus-1-mono-0.63-28
>
> > dbus-1-1.0.0-7
>
> > dbus-1-glib-0.71-26
>
> > db-4.4.20-16
>
> > dbus-1-x11-1.0.0-7
>
> > dbus-1-python-0.71-28
>
> > db-utils-4.4.20-16
>

> > New Server:
>

> > dbus-1-glib-0.74-25
>
> > dbus-1-1.0.2-59
>
> > db-utils-4.5.20-29
>

> I was expecting a db-?? on your new server !
>
> db-utils-4.4 vs db-utils-4.5 means the version has changed between
>
> your two server.
>

> Anyway I dont know how your version of cyrus-imap is linked with the
>
> berkeley db library in the Suse package
>
> and then wich version it's using !
>

> Anyway doing a conversion in between should always solve the problem
>
> in any case (even if the source and the targed
>
> imap server are identical platforms)
>

> OPS: did I say you have to do the export using the cvt_cyrusdb of the
>
> source server and do the import using the one of the target server ?

Nope, you didn't mention that, but I'd gathered as much. Sounds like this
should work, I'll do some testing to see if that's the case.

Even after this gets working, I still need to figure out how to sync up the
toltec connector with the new server, in talking to Joon, it seems that the
only way might just be to let toltec push all the old messages onto the new
server. Apparently there's no way to keep the folder UID's from changing, I
haven't heard back on my latest email, so that may have been in response to
my questions about using imapsync to do the work. Any thoughts on this are
good, I would assume it would be similar issues when dealing with Kontact
as a client as well...

Thanks

> Regards
>

> > -- I don't know what I'm looking for here, I wouldn't imagine any of the
>
> > dbus packages would have anything to do with it, the db-utils is newer,
and

> > I'm missing the db-?.?.?? package, must not be used in the new install
(I'm

> > going non gui because it just wastes space)...
>

> > I'll try the script stuff after trying to just copy it manually and see
if

> > it yells again..
>

> > thanks,
>
> > -Skip

> >> Yes, you have to copy the annotation.db too
>

> >> Happy New Year !

SuSE