Installation problems on Ubuntu intrepid

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Sat Dec 13 21:51:25 CET 2008

Quoting Chris Hastie <lists at oak-wood.co.uk>:

> I'm having problems installing on ubuntu intrepid and would appreciate
> any pointers.
>
> First issue is that openpkg wouldn't compile with gcc 4.3. I've
> installed gcc-4.2 and linked /usr/bin/gcc to the 4.2 binary and am now
> able to get a lot further.
>
> However, openldap fails to compile, with this:
>
> getpeereid.c: In function 'getpeereid':
> getpeereid.c:52: error: storage size of 'peercred' isn't known
> make[2]: *** [getpeereid.o] Error 1
>
> A bit of googling throws up this one line patch:
>
> http://bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=156475&action=diff
>
> I've applied this to the openldap source left lying around when the
> install bombed out, run 'make' and and got past the error, so it looks
> like the patch works.
>
> But how do I apply a patch to the rpm before starting the install from
> scratch again?

You would need to modify the spec file of the rpm. You can find it in
the Kolab CVS tree. But in general this is a complex procedure as you
will need to know how to generate the new package on OpenPKG.

You could also try to use the OpenLDAP package from the newer Kolab
Server 2.2.1 beta1. This is OpenLDAP-2.4.43 and it might already have
the fix you referred to.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> --
> Chris

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg