Installation problems on Ubuntu intrepid

Chris Hastie lists at oak-wood.co.uk
Sat Dec 6 11:59:34 CET 2008

I'm having problems installing on ubuntu intrepid and would appreciate
any pointers.

First issue is that openpkg wouldn't compile with gcc 4.3. I've
installed gcc-4.2 and linked /usr/bin/gcc to the 4.2 binary and am now
able to get a lot further.

However, openldap fails to compile, with this:

getpeereid.c: In function 'getpeereid':
getpeereid.c:52: error: storage size of 'peercred' isn't known
make[2]: *** [getpeereid.o] Error 1

A bit of googling throws up this one line patch:

http://bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=156475&action=diff

I've applied this to the openldap source left lying around when the
install bombed out, run 'make' and and got past the error, so it looks
like the patch works.

But how do I apply a patch to the rpm before starting the install from
scratch again?

--
Chris