IMAP Escape character for "[" and "]"

Saim Kim s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Aug 29 12:31:31 CEST 2008

Hello,

after I had another issue with wrong freebusy information being shown I
tried to delete the freebusy cache and the automatic cache regeneration.
But it fails because it can't find several folders which were delete
with a name starting with [UNSHARED]. Those folders were generated by
Toltec after ACL changes of IMAP folders. The folders were deleted from
the Horde interface of the user. They are not shown anymore and are not
present under /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/blabla/... Still the
automatic cache regeneration is looking for them.

I tried to recreate the folders with cyrreconstruct but it fails on the
folder name (I tried creating folders with a simple name and it worked
fine). I have the feeling that I have to use special escape characters
for "[" and "]" just like for German umlauts. Any help? Thanks!

Best regards,
Saim

Dipl.-Ing. Saim Kim
Lehrstuhl fuer Medizinische Informationstechnik
Helmholtz-Institut fuer Biomedizinische Technik
RWTH Aachen
Pauwelsstr. 20, D-52074 Aachen
---
Web:   http://www.medit.hia.rwth-aachen.de/