Still ClamAV not working

Saim Kim s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Aug 7 13:40:16 CEST 2008

Alain Spineux schrieb:
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Saim Kim <s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I recompiled both the clamAV and gmp package locally on the server I'm
>> using for Kolab. First gmp and then clamAV as recommended by Thomas in
>> the German Newsgroup (Kolab-users-de Nachrichtensammlung, Band 4,
>> Eintrag 7).
>>
>> At first I tried to remove the "old" versions (rpm from the mirror) and
>> then install the newly compiled versions of clamAV and gmp and ran
>> kolabconf -that didn't work.
>> Then I completely removed kolab incl. openpkg and tried a fresh install
>> with the two new packages: still won't work.
>>
>> Here are the commands I compiled them with: /kolab/bin/openpkg rpm
>> --rebuild /kolab2.2release/source/PACKETSOURCE_DATEI.src.rpm
>> Any hints to get it running again?
>>

> What is not working ?
> Any error messages ?

Hello Alain,

I didn't get any compiler errors and also kolab installation and
bootstrap went error free. But still clamAV is marked as not active (it
is set active in the kolab interface). I used the openpkg build commands
as described in my email. How did you recompile and install the gmp and
clamAV packages and in which order? Thanks!

I'll try to build the complete kolab sources locally and check again and
let you know if it worked.

Best regards,
Saim

email: s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de