Workflow for group work

Saim Kim s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Apr 21 16:03:24 CEST 2008

Hello,

just wondering if there is a documentation for "how to organize group
work with kolab"? In our setup the kolab server is needed to show a
group calender to plan meetings and to see what meetings somebody else has.

So far I setup a distribution list where everybody is subscribed to, so
one has only to send one invitation instead of sending one to every
single person for a complete group meeting (about 15 people).
One problem was how to seperate the business and private events in the
calender: So I created another group account named
"calender_group at mydomain.com" which is also subscribed to the group
distribution list and publicly visible. This account gets an invitation
for every business meeting from every worker. Therefore, this calender
has all the business events and group events and there is no need to
grant access to the personal calender since Kolab shows also details of
private events.

Now, this solutions seems to be rather complicated especially since
there has to be an invitation for every single meeting to the group
calendar to make it visible to others. Is there an easier way to get the
described functionallity? Is it possible to show at least the subject of
the event in the freebusy information (outlook shows private for private
events in my personal folder)?

Best regards,
Saim

Dipl.-Ing. Saim Kim
Lehrstuhl fuer Medizinische Informationstechnik
Helmholtz-Institut fuer Biomedizinische Technik
RWTH Aachen
Pauwelsstr. 20, D-52074 Aachen
---
Web:   http://www.medit.hia.rwth-aachen.de/