upgrade to 2.2-rc2: uninitialized value $Kolab::config{"base_dn"}

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Thu Apr 10 15:58:54 CEST 2008

Tobias Oed wrote:

> Johannes Graumann wrote:
>> Richard Bos wrote:

>>> Have a look at the last line.  You should have a look at kolabquotawarn,
>>> which runs from cron, I believe every 10 minutes.
>>
>> Thanks. This error seems to show up when in
>> /kolab/etc/kolab/kolabquotawarn this line of code is hit:
>> # my $quotawarnpct = $Kolab::config{'cyrus-quotawarn'};
>>
>> This seems - to my amateurist understanding - to indicate,
>> that 'cyrus-quotawarn' isn't available. Indeed, if I issue 'grep -r
>> cyrus-quotawarn *' in /kolab/etc, I only get these returns:
>> kolab/kolab_bootstrap:        'cyrus-quotawarn' => 80,
>> kolab/kolabquotareport:my $quotawarnpct =
>> $Kolab::config{'cyrus-quotawarn'}; kolab/kolabquotawarn:my $quotawarnpct
>> = $Kolab::config{'cyrus-quotawarn'};
>> kolab/templates/imapd.conf.template:quotawarn:  @@@cyrus-quotawarn@@@
>> openldap/schema/kolab2.schema:  NAME 'cyrus-quotawarn'
>> openldap/schema/kolab2.schema:        cyrus-quotawarn $
>>
>> and none of them I see as defining the parameter the script is trying to
>> access ... can anyone enlighten me as to what I'm overlooking or where to
>> define this parameter how?
>>
>> Thanks, Joh
>

> 'cyrus-quotawarn' is set to it's default value at boostrap time with
> kolab/kolab_bootstrap: 'cyrus-quotawarn' => 80. This value gets stored
> in ldap. From there it goes into imapd.conf each time you run kolabconf.
> kolabquotawarn reads it from ldap each time it is run via the
> $Kolab::config('...') call.
> In your case this fails because the 'base_dn' apears to not be defined.
> This is where kolab starts its searches in ldap. It is defined at
> bootstrap time and stored in /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf
> Paste the contents of this file here so we can debug.
> Tobias

Thanks for your insight! I paste the <SANITIZED> content of kolab.conf
below. Does this look ok? The 'bind_pw_hash' and 'calendar_*' bits where in
my 2.1 conf, but not in the 2.2-rc2 template, so I'm not sure whether to
use them or no ...
A quick glance at the output of slapcat indeed shows 'cyrus-quotawarn: 80'
in the 'dn: k=kolab,dc=morannon,dc=homelinux,dc=org' entry.

Thanks for your time.

Joh

fqdnhostname : morannon.homelinux.org
is_master : true
base_dn : dc=morannon,dc=homelinux,dc=org
bind_dn : cn=manager,cn=internal,dc=morannon,dc=homelinux,dc=org
bind_pw : <DON'T WANT TO TELL>
#bind_pw_hash : {SSHA}<NOT EITHER>
ldap_uri : ldap://127.0.0.1:389
ldap_master_uri : ldap://127.0.0.1:389
php_dn : cn=nobody,cn=internal,dc=morannon,dc=homelinux,dc=org
php_pw : <STILL NO>
slurpd_addr : 127.0.0.1
slurpd_port : 9999
# calendar_dn : cn=calendar,cn=internal,dc=morannon,dc=homelinux,dc=org
# calendar_pw : <TSTS, I REPEAT MYSELF>