upgrade to 2.2-rc2: uninitialized value $Kolab::config{"base_dn"}

Tobias Oed tobias.oed at octant-fr.com
Thu Apr 10 15:32:33 CEST 2008

Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Richard Bos wrote:
>
>> Op Thursday 10 April 2008 10:30:45 schreef Johannes Graumann:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Any proposals on where to look to investigate this issue?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Joh
>>>
>>> Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string
>>> at /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Kolab.pm line 170.
>>> Password verification failed.
>>> Use of uninitialized value $Kolab::config{"base_dn"} in concatenation (.)
>>> or string at /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Kolab.pm line 186.
>>> Use of uninitialized value $Kolab::config{"bind_dn"} in concatenation (.)
>>> or string at /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Kolab.pm line 200.
>>> fatal: Can't read configuration, please make sure that kolabquotawarn
>>> runs with sufficient privileges
>> Have a look at the last line.  You should have a look at kolabquotawarn,
>> which runs from cron, I believe every 10 minutes.
>
> Thanks. This error seems to show up when in /kolab/etc/kolab/kolabquotawarn
> this line of code is hit:
> # my $quotawarnpct = $Kolab::config{'cyrus-quotawarn'};
>
> This seems - to my amateurist understanding - to indicate,
> that 'cyrus-quotawarn' isn't available. Indeed, if I issue 'grep -r
> cyrus-quotawarn *' in /kolab/etc, I only get these returns:
> kolab/kolab_bootstrap:        'cyrus-quotawarn' => 80,
> kolab/kolabquotareport:my $quotawarnpct = $Kolab::config{'cyrus-quotawarn'};
> kolab/kolabquotawarn:my $quotawarnpct = $Kolab::config{'cyrus-quotawarn'};
> kolab/templates/imapd.conf.template:quotawarn:  @@@cyrus-quotawarn@@@
> openldap/schema/kolab2.schema:  NAME 'cyrus-quotawarn'
> openldap/schema/kolab2.schema:        cyrus-quotawarn $
>
> and none of them I see as defining the parameter the script is trying to
> access ... can anyone enlighten me as to what I'm overlooking or where to
> define this parameter how?
>
> Thanks, Joh

'cyrus-quotawarn' is set to it's default value at boostrap time with
kolab/kolab_bootstrap: 'cyrus-quotawarn' => 80. This value gets stored
in ldap. From there it goes into imapd.conf each time you run kolabconf.
kolabquotawarn reads it from ldap each time it is run via the
$Kolab::config('...') call.
In your case this fails because the 'base_dn' apears to not be defined.
This is where kolab starts its searches in ldap. It is defined at
bootstrap time and stored in /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf
Paste the contents of this file here so we can debug.
Tobias

@johannes: I sent this to your email address only at first by mistake.

--
*Tobias Oed* - Octant Informatique <http://www.octant-fr.com>