Some LDAP-Extension

Volker Stoppe grenzlaeufer at gmx.net
Sun Apr 6 19:55:41 CEST 2008

Hallo folks!

I have worked for days on solution to filter Koalb-Users for an
LDAP-addressbook in Outlook. I know this is not the LDAP-Mailinglist, but
maybe this topic could be interesting for others, or someone has realized
something like this before.

Situation:
We have different kinds of UIDs for the Kolab-User
o[NUMBER] = office users
a[NUMBER] = agents
x[NUMBER] = ex employes

I want to create a branch in the LDAP-tree where all Kolab-user-objects of
egents are collected dynamicly. This makes sence if you want an address
books with ldap, which doesn´t contain other users, even no kolab-internal
users!

I played with a lot with dyngroup.schema. I also searched the internet
without success. Therefore I also added the following directives to the
slapd.conf/template:
   overlay dynlist
   dynlist-attrset groupOfURLs memberURL

I added the following ldap-entry to the database:
   dn: cn=agents,dc=domain,dc=tld
   objectClass: groupOfURLs
   cn: agents
   memberURL: ldap:///dc=domain,dc=tld??one?(uid=a*)

Unfortunatedly I only get a list of all attributes (sorted by the
attributes!) of the users. But I want a solution which I can use for
addressbooks in Outlook. Thunderbird has better functions for filtering
the ldap.

Is it possible to create this and if yes, how?

Greetinx

Volker

(Maybe someone has also an idea how to make an ldapdelete with the
manager-user an not getting an "ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)")